Soak 1 lb of Dry Large Limas for 12 to 16 hours. Or you may use 3 - 16 oz cans of Butter Beans rinsed.
1 small yellow onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 Red Bell pepper
14.5 ounces of beef broth
- Sauté the above in 2 ounces of olive oil for about 5 minutes
- Add 1 – 14.5 ounce can of beef broth
- Add 1 – 14.5 ounce can of ready cut tomatoes
- Add 1 -7.75 ounce can of green chilies or green chile salsa with tomatillos
- Add about 8 ounces of tap water to cover beans if using soaked beans
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let cook at a slow boil until beans are tender (about 1 ½ hours). If using canned beans saute other ingredients for about 20 minutes, add the canned beans, bring to boil, and you're ready to eat.